Thursday, January 28, 2010

What's Up Already?


Got up early this morning. There's a lot on my mind, with just two days to go before we leave for Thailand. I told a friend on Facebook who asked about my To Do List, "I'm actually using five lists right now, and every time I check off an item I add two more at the bottom!" It's no wonder I'm not sleeping that well.
God reminded me this morning, however, that He is still in charge. He's in control. He was already up when my mind roused me from sleep this morning. I can worry and fret all I want and not change a thing, but He is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine! (Eph. 3:20)
What's up already? God is. He never sleeps. I checked my email first thing this morning, since the folks in Thailand were working while I was sleeping. Beverley Kalnin forwarded me an email from America that said a church here was donating $7,000 to resupply the Barefoot Doctors already on the field in Burma with the medicines they need. Wow! They've also arranged for some portable dentistry chairs to be given to FLC. This is what I needed to hear. This is what I need to count on, that God is working on the hearts of His people even when I can't see it. He is gathering funds and equipment and medicines and medical supplies from sources I can't imagine. As Phil Johnson said in a song back in the 70's,
He didn't bring us this far to leave us
He didn't teach us to swim to let us drown
He didn't build His home in us to move away
He didn't lift us up to let us down!

I keep telling people how God is bringing everything together for this year's Barefoot Doctors School. It's true! Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment