Sunday, March 7, 2010

More Fun at the Airport

Today it was church in the morning (after sleeping in a bit) and then off to the airport to pick up our new Medical Resident who will be teaching tomorrow. Dr. Vegas Coleman arrived safely with a few medical supplies. The supplies themselves were more of a difficulty. Last week I had gone to the airport twice to get approval for the supplies. They only okayed about a fourth of them. Today they wanted to charge a higher tax than we should have to pay. All we had with this load was vitamins and some odds and ends after they denied so much of it. Then they were claiming it was worth like $400.00 USD. So they asked for 2,100.00 Baht. I nicely complained and soon the tax was 1,500.00 baht. I complained a little more but did not want to push my luck so I got out my wallet and all I had was 980Baht. They had to redo the “official” paperwork but that was okay. We ended the meeting with a few laughs so things will be fine for our next meeting on Tue for the Otoscopes. The Otoscpoes should go smoother based on their reactions and the scopes I have the actual receipt so they know the exact value to tax. We will chalk this year up to many valuable learning experiences. Next year we will buy everything here I think.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for keeping us posted with this BlogSpot. It is obvious that God has raised up a wonderful BFD program this year. He is SO GOOD! We also praise God when we see the pics of Timothy and Abraham translating. They have been so faithful to God with the task He gave them of learning English. As we read the Blogs we have to say that you are all awesome!!..... Blessings, Chris from Elliot Lake.

    ReplyDelete