Sunday, March 6, 2016

Bible Training Week February 29 to March 4

Bible Teaching has continued all of this week with two American pastors, Jon Ulm and Paul Bergquam, doing the teaching.

Jon is the pastor of New Hope Christian Church in Manassas, Virginia. Paul is the pastor of Sanger Community Church in Sanger, California.  Both churches, on opposite ends of the United States, have supported the Barefoot Doctors program for many years.

Paul began his week teaching about the Parables of Jesus.  He wanted the students to see how powerful Jesus' lessons were when he used common, everyday illustrations of spiritual realities.  He taught the students how to get to the main spiritual lesson of each parable and how to make application of these lessons.

In the latter part of the week, Paul taught the students about the Old Testament prophet, Jeremiah.  They explored the historical background to his life and ministry and saw how God kept him faithful to his calling, in spite of the fact that he faced much opposition during his entire ministry.  Through the study of Jeremiah, Paul also taught our Barefoot Doctors how to choose a Bible passage and then prepare a lesson from it so that their students could understand it and apply it.
Paul Burgquam with translator Ahtang

Paul preaching on February 28
Jon took the students through a verse-by-verse study of the book of 1 Peter.  He chose to teach this book of the Bible because Peter wrote this letter to Christians living in Asia Minor who were facing all kinds of opposition to their witness for Jesus Christ.  His advice and the Holy Spirit's counsel is valuable to anyone else facing hostility toward our faith in any generation.   Jon also presented the Apostle Paul's charge to Timothy in 2 Timothy 4:1-5 and taught Jesus challenging words in Luke 9:23 about taking up our cross in order to follow Him.

In Burma/Myanmar, there is hostility toward the Gospel even though there is not a national law against sharing the Gospel.  Local areas sometimes have their own restrictions about this, however, and the predominantly Buddhist culture is opposed to evangelistic outreach by any other group.
Jon Ulm teaching in classroom

Jon giving wristbands to BFDs
Some of the Barefoot Doctors report they have made people angry when they tried to preach in their villages. One reported how a group threw stones at them until they stopped preaching.  Another said someone fired stones from a sling-shot at them until they quit. At the same time, many of them reported they are able to have special Christmas celebrations where the Gospel is preached, and that many of their Buddhist neighbors will come to these celebrations.   This same openness is not seen during the rest of the year.

All week long we encouraged the Barefoot Doctors to be strong and courageous.  We encouraged them to be strong in the Lord, not in themselves.  Please pray for them that they will have a bold witness for Jesus Christ in their various regions of Burma. Some of them are going back to war-torn areas where fighting is going on by 6 or 7 different armies, including the Burmese army.









4 comments:

  1. My life is beautiful thanks to you, Mein Helfer. Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases ... Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetis, Fribroid,Parkinson's disease,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or whatsapp, @ .. drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, phone number .. + 2348149277967 .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey we're med interns from India check out our blog https://bedsidescoop.wordpress.com/2019/04/27/the-big-d/

    ReplyDelete
  3. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,,  I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works
    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Automatictellers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that  can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:: {Automatictellers@gmail.com}

    Visit our Website for more Info: automatictellers.webs.com
    ®

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very impressive article! The blog is highly informative and has answered all my questions.
    To introduce about our company and the activities, B2B contactlist
    is a database provider that helps you to boost your sales & grow your business through well-build doctors email list.

    ReplyDelete