Sunday, February 28, 2010

Be Still and Know that I am God

It was a great Sunday yesterday! For many of us Church is an all day event over here. We went in the morning to the FLC small church. It is great and translated to three languages. The Barefoot Drs sang a couple of songs and one of them even played the drums for the band! A talented group. Then the fellowship meal. It takes like three hours and all of it good.
Then in the afternoon I went to the english speaking church. When i say english I mean England english. It is large church and calls itself a "multi-denomination church" rather than a non-denomination church. It was a needed day of prayer and recharging my batteries. I had been feeling the stress of running out of time here and still having so much to do. I did not think I could get it all done. I have been trying to connect with many people and often having limited success: two doctors in particular I had wanted to meet with this week. I gave it up to God and one of the themes of church was "be still and know I am God." I need the reminder that I am only responsible for my part. I can not do it all on my own and should not worry about it. God will make it happen or not. If not, it may not have been his will but our will. So I walked into the english speaking church by myself and wouldn't you know one of the dr's is right there in the back of the church where i was going to sit? So I got a chance to connect and set up a dinner meeting later this week. Then on the way out of church I met the other Dr and got to connect with him! In addition, I met another member of that church very interested in the Barefoot drs program who works in a related field. She may be able to help us as well. In closing let me just say, sometimes we forget God and try and run ahead of his plan. If you are truly doing his will it will work out. We all need reminders to keep our faith and seek God so we stay on course.
Now back to school today. God Bless you all.
Rick

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your reflections, Rick! We ALL needed that reminder! Jon

    ReplyDelete