Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Another Day of Bible Training Plus Two Testimonials

Day Two of Bible Teaching by Bob Johnson:
Today I continued to share some ministry insights from the Book of Luke. My first talk I shared from Luke 5:27-39.  I used John the Baptist's example and showed that in ministry doubts can creep in from time to time.  I encouraged the students to do what John did and share their doubts/discouragements with Jesus.  It is assuring to know that God loves to help us in our times of need.  I also shared how John the Baptist and Jesus had different ministries.  Each of us are called to different ministries and we must accept that God often leads others differently.  Different ministries call for different ministry strategies.  I encouraged the students to be open to new ways to do ministry and not to judge other ministries if they are are different than their own.

In my second talk I shared from Luke 9:1-17 and highlighted some ministry insights based on Jesus' example.  As he sent out his disciples two by two (as described in Mark 6) I emphasized the importance of partnering with others to help our ministries and our maturity. I also emphasized the importance of balance in ministry which includes taking breaks.  As we plan to take some much needed time outs, Jesus is a good example of letting God interrupt our plans as some unplanned needs arise as described in Luke 9.  I encouraged the students to prayerfully make their plans but ultimately let the Lord direct their steps and by open for 'inspired interruptions'. (Prov 16:9) - Bob Johnson

Day Two of Bible Teaching by Jim Winter:
Jim Winter began by asking the students to share how they had encountered spiritual warfare during the past year.  How have you experienced Satan's attack?  He led studies on 1) The Belt of Truth, the foundation garment of the Christian soldier, and 2) The Breastplate of Righteousness.  As the Roman soldier's breastplate protects his vital organs of life, so righteousness is our protection from Satan's attack upon our eternal life.

We are also glad to share testimonials from two of our students.


San San Win
I am very happy and thankful to God that I get a chance to come back this year again to get more Bible training with Bob and Jim. I am also excited about the medical training in the coming weeks.  I am a pastor's wife and from Rakhaine State.  I am also a mother of four children, three boys and one girl.  What I will be taking away from our Bible studies today is 'heal the sick and share about the Kingdom of God.'  In fact, that is what I have been doing the last year after I finished my first year training.  At home I am busy with seeing sick people, spending time with sick people to pray for them, taking sick people to nearby hospitals, and teaching health lessons to women and children, etc.  This ministry is a very effective tool for doing evangelism and for sharing the Gospel.  I am now well accepted among my fellow Christians and non-believers, even more than before.Thank you for praying and for supporting this ministry.

Than Zaw Oo
I am from the Wa tribe and I am the first barefoot doctor among the Wa people.   Thank you for allowing me to come back this year again to study Bible and medicine.  Bob and Jim are very good Bible teachers.  They equip me to be a more effective evangelist and God's servant in the ministry.  I am also very excited to get more medical training in coming weeks.  Bob said today what the people really need is salvation.  After I finished this year I will be sent to serve among Shan, Akha, Lahu and Burmese people in Kyaing Tung or Keng Tung area.  Thank you for supporting this ministry.



I hope you are enjoying these posts. Come back every day to see what else is going on.
Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment