Thursday, January 15, 2015

Three More Testimonies and Day 3 Bible Teaching

We are happy to share the testimonies of three more of our students ....



Hello my name is Elizabeth.  I am from Kyaing Tung or Keng Tung area, eastern Shan State, Myanmar.  I am a Sunday school and preschool teacher.  I have always wanted to attend this barefoot doctors school from the first day that I heard about this program.  I thank God that my church leaders allowed me to attend this school, and I am very to be back again this year.  Since I am a Sunday school and preschool teacher, I can apply the knowledge I gained from this school in many ways.  Since I returned from 2014 barefoot doctors school I started teaching personal hygiene and sanitation lessons to church members, people from my area and to my family members.  I became my family's personal physician.  Church leaders, community leaders and children's parents are very happy that I get a chance to study more this year and they are very supportive.  It is a great blessing for me to study Bible with Bob and Jim.  They are great teachers and I enjoy studying Bible everyday with them.  I am learning from Bob how I can effectively be in the ministry as a leader and as a servant at the same time.  I am learning how I can serve together with others as a team.  Jim is teaching us we need to be alert and overcome the temptations from Satan in our daily life.  My thanks go to the Frontier Labourers for Christ for having this program and thanks to all the supporters.
--------------------------------------

Minram
Hello I am from Dukdang village, Putao District, northern Burma.    This past year I have been very active in seeing sick people and sharing the gospel.  After I returned home from 2014 barefoot doctors training school, I teamed up with the barefoot doctors from the previous classes. We have been going to different villages to treat people, spending time to pray with them, and teaching health lessons.  The number of sick people that I saw this past year was over 400 people.  People from the villages that I oversee are very happy that I get a chance to study more this year again.  This program is very unique and the graduates from this school are reaching the physical and spiritual needs of the different people groups.  Thank you for supporting this ministry.
-----------------------------------------

 Chan Peram
So far it has been a great week studying Bible with Jim and Bob.  They encourage us not to give up when we encounter obstacles and problems.  They said God is the source of our strength to overcome the problems and move forward.  I feel like I am being charged up to go back to my home village to continue the work.
This past year has been a very productive year in terms of serving others with the medical knowledge I gained from the barefoot doctors school.  I am the only person in my area who got some medical training.  I was able to help people with diarrhea, as well as eye and skin infections which are usually seen in the rainy season by providing necessary medical treatment and educating them how to not get sick in the first place.  I also had many malaria patients, and I was able to treat those people and educate other villagers how to prevent themselves from getting sick with malaria.
The barefoot doctors school and this ministry is indeed a live-saving ministry.  I am excited that I will get more medical training in coming weeks.  I am also very happy and thankful to God that I get the opportunity study Bible with excellent teachers.

Bible Week: Day Three

Jim Winter continued in the series of studies in Spiritual Armor (Ephesians 6:10-20).  He dealt with 1) the Sandals of the Gospel of Peace - the way in which the gospel gives the Christians soldier a firm footing in his battle with the enemy; and 2) the Shield of Faith - our protection from the fiery arrows of persecution and temptation.
------------------------------------
Bob Johnson continued to study passages in Luke related to leadership, ministry, discipleship and evangelism.  He said, “I am humbled and grateful for the opportunity to invest in such a wonderful group of ministers.  
My first talk today was from Luke 9:57-10:24.  I shared three principles related to discipleship.  I emphasized that it is important to help our people understand the importance of counting the cost before they choose to follow Christ. I also shared that, after one does consider the cost of following Christ, to encourage them not to delay in making their decision.  Also, I encouraged the ministers to encourage their people that after they choose to follow Christ to not look back.  Along with these discipleship principles, I shared that it is important to balance meeting the physical needs of people along with their spiritual needs.  Both are needed for a balanced and effective ministry. 
In my second talk I shared from Luke 13:22-35 along with some other passages.  I shared the reasons why Jesus was bold about sharing who He was and the importance of choosing to enter the Kingdom of God.  By learning from him I encouraged the students to be bold when it comes to sharing the gospel, believing that God is at work in the lives of people opening their hearts and convicting them of sin.


No comments:

Post a Comment