Friday, January 16, 2015

Final Day of Bible Training and Another Testimony



Day Five of Bible Training

Bob Johnson had this to say about his first week of teaching at the Barefoot Doctors School.
“We just wrapped up our final session and had a wonderful sharing time with the students.  They had some encouraging things to say.  They told us that what they learned this week will help them in their ministry.  They also had some great questions they wanted clarified based on some passages in the Bible we had discussed.  Jim and I both were energized by their interaction knowing that it is a cultural challenge to open up a bit.   

In my first session today I shared from Luke 22 and focused on Judas Iscariot.  I reminded them how he was chosen by God to be a disciple after Jesus prayed all night and that he, as well as the other disciples, was even able to perform miracles and share the gospel.  Even after all of these things, he still ended up betraying Jesus. I shared that we must watch out for secret, unconfessed in our lives and to trust God's direction for our life and ministry even when it goes against human reasoning.  
My second session today, I shared from Luke 22 and emphasized the importance of seeing our ministry role as a servant.  We looked at how pride can blind us to see the needs of others and how choosing to assume the role of a servant will help us to have an effective ministry.”   Bob Johnson -
---------------------------------------------
Jim Winter gave his final teaching session on Ephesians 6:1-20, 'Spiritual Warfare' by focusing on Paul's call to prayer.  Paul says we are to “pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.”  Then he asked his brothers and sisters in Ephesus to pray for him to have no fear in sharing the gospel, even though he was “an ambassador in chains.” 
Then, as Bob noted, in the final session of the day the students responded to Bob and Jim's teaching sessions with encouraging questions and comments.


Here is another Testimony from one of our students …
Saw L Warr
The Barefoot doctors ministry is indeed bridging the gap in healthcare for the people in Myanmar.  The past year I have been following the model seen in Luke 9:6, "So they set out and went from village to village, proclaiming the good news and healing people everywhere."

I came from a Buddhist family and as a young Buddhist I searched for something that satisfied my life, but I did not know what I was searching for and did not know what I was lacking.  Through numerous circumstances which occurred in my life, the Lord saved me and I accepted the Lord in 1995.  I went to Bible school in 1998 and finished my studies in 2000.  After that I married my wife, Cing Shan Lum Maung, and moved to Sagaing city, Sagaing Division, central Myanmar to do evangelism and church planting among the Burmese people.

I was threatened by Buddhist monks and forced to leave from Sagaing three times.  But I kept coming back to Sagaing to proclaim the Gospel because the Lord gave me a mission to be his light and a missionary among Buddhists in central Myanmar.  One thing I want to share here is that, after I finished my barefoot doctor training in 2014, I began to have more opportunity to share the good news with Burmese Buddhists, even more than before.  People are more open to me.  I have learned, therefore, that by providing medical care for their physical needs bring me more opportunity to share the Gospel.  Now we have founded a church in Sagaing, and the Lord is working powerfully through the work that we are doing.
I am very thankful to God and to Frontier Labourers for Christ for giving me the opportunity to study Bible and medicine.  This past week has been so wonderful.  Bob and Jim are excellent Bible teachers.  Bob taught us a very good leadership lesson.  He said 'your public life and private life must be the same.  You cannot have a double life.'  Bob said all of us are prone to be tempted.  So he encouraged us to pray for each other.

Jim taught us that we are in spiritual warfare all the time.  We are against the forces of darkness.  Therefore, we must be strong in the Lord through prayer and be in the Lord.  As we barefoot doctors are on the frontline we must fellowship with God by prayer, be in Him and read and study His Word.
Saw L. Warr
 The students, instructors, and FLC staff are now enjoying their weekend.  Jim and Bob will continue to enjoy informal conversations with the students through Saturday, and then they will be having a worship service at the Kalnin Learning Center on Sunday with Bob preaching the Word.  Next Monday they will start CHE training (Community Health Education/Evangelism) with David Crist and another CHE instructor.  Dr. Bjorn Nilson and Rick Astone will arrive soon to oversee the medical training that will continue the next six weeks.
Please keep checking back for updates and more testimonials.
Thanks for following us.
Jon
 

No comments:

Post a Comment